United States, Illinois, Chicago$20 - $20 per hourMaintenance
Chicago’s First Lady is seeking a full time shipyard general laborer. This individual will be primarily tasked with assisting our paint team to ensure our vessels maintain their pristine exterior appearance. The main focus of this position will involve recoating all vessels as needed.
All team members must be able to endure extreme weather conditions, fluctuations in schedule, and overtime. May operate a variety of power tools and air tools, handle paint and various chemicals, and assist other team members. Any applicant is expected to have a reliable source of transportation and must be punctual. All team members must be able to work in groups and stay focused on delivering quality results on given tasks.
Summary of essential job functions
1. Cleans, sands, scrapes, wire wheels, grinds surfaces in preparation for paint
2. Able to work comfortably on rafts, boats, and docks
3. Paints, stains, and varnishes using brushes, rollers, and/or spray equipment
4. Requisitions materials and supplies from supply areas
5. Maintains clean workspace and assists other team members to keep workspace clean and organized. This also includes loading and unloading heavy supplies and storing them in appropriate areas
6. Performs duties as assigned by Managers and Supervisors
$20 per hour
Paid Sick Time
Benefits for full time
401K Retirement Plan with 4% match (available to those age 21 and up, after 6 months)
75% CTA Monthly Pass Reimbursement for Full Time Employees
Previous construction or painting experience desired. Must have physical strength to perform work standing, bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing, and be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Must be able to commute to both shipyard and downtown Chicago locations as needed.
Must have open availability and willing to work overtime.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.